Terms and Conditions
Please read the terms and conditions for festival participants and guides.
Please be familiar with the indemnity form.
Terms and Conditions
- All participants in the festival partake at their own risk, this includes walkers and walk leaders.
- Walking has inherent risks and although our guides are knowledgeable of the areas we are walking in they are not liable for any accidents that may occur due to path conditions or weather.
- If you need to cancel OR change your walk booking:
- Please email us directly.
- Please note there will be no refund for paid walks if cancelled 5 days before the start of the festival.
- If it is a free walk, you still need to cancel so that we can give your place to others who may be on a waiting list.
- The festival is made possible through many volunteer walk leaders, they are under no obligation to take you on their free walks should they decide you are not fit enough or capable of the walk you have signed up for.
- All the walks offered by our professional guides have their own terms and conditions and you may be made aware of these at the start of these walks. If you need information prior to the start of the walk, please email us.
- The festival exists to promote the Garden Route as a walking destination, it is a community effort and is run in good faith.
This is a sample of the form you will be required to sign at the start of your walks at the festival. This is for you to read at leisure before you get to the walk/s of your choice.
I the undersigned, do on my own behalf and on behalf of my dependents, minor children, heirs, executors, trustees, successors and assigns hereby acknowledge and agree:
- That the Garden Route Walking Fest, its Directors, Employees, Sponsors, Partners, Walk Leaders, Contractors, Successors-in-Title or Assigns (All of whom are herewith referred to as Walking Festival), shall not be liable for any expense, loss, damage or personal injury sustained by me as a result of any past or future act or omission, whether intentional or negligent, breach of contract, or any other cause of whatever nature.
- To waive and abandon all rights of action, which may arise against the Walking Festival as a result of personal injury, death, expense, loss or damage sustained by me before, during or after the hiking programme.
- That in no way derogating from the above:
- The use of all and any facilities provided, and the partaking of any and all activities arranged, advertised or suggested by the Walking Festival is done at my own risk and
- I have been warned or made aware of the dangers of wild animals, snakes, harvesting operations, travel and other dangers which exist in the area of the hiking programme reserved or arranged by the Walking Festival.
- That I indemnify the Walking Festival against all and any claims of action by any natural or legal person or third party arising from any past or future acts or omissions.
- I agree that the Walking Festival, its respective members, sponsors and all persons assisting with the organisation of the Walking Festival Trail shall not be liable for injury, damage, loss or expense of any nature whatsoever and however arising, which I may suffer or incur arising from my participation, and I indemnify the organising parties and hold them harmless in respect of any claim relating to such liability.
- I confirm that I am physically fit and sufficiently capable to participate in the trail and that I am acquainted with and bound by all rules governing my participation.
- Any term of this agreement that is or is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of this agreement.
- I give permission to the Walking Festival and its sponsors to use free of charge my name and any image of me contained in photographs and /or video footage of the trail, in any marketing materials produced by or for Walking Festival in the future.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A COPY OF THE INDEMNITY FORM, which you can print out and sign and bring with you to your walks.
Sponsors + Partners
Our many sponsors and Hi-Tec in particular are our heroes – they make this festival possible. A big thanks to all of you.