“Walking festivals are a big trend globally, but this is a first for South Africa – it’s a massive undertaking that involves the support and involvement of local communities. Hi-Tec, a brand which has become synonymous with hiking in South Africa, are sponsors of the event, which enables us to offer a wide range of walks catering to all levels of fitness and adventure.
We look forward to welcoming you on the Garden Route and sharing our great outdoors and walks with you.”
– Festival Founder, Galeo Saintz
Easter on the Cape Garden Route is time for celebrating family, nature, the outdoors, community and walking.
- South Africa’s first and only walking festival offered over 75 unique walks to choose from during 2016.
- Watch this space for our 2017 Programme of Walks to be release May 2016.
- This outdoors and family focused event celebrates one of the world’s great walking destinations – the Southern Cape coast, with its forests, beaches, mountains and amazing communities.
- Walking is one of the best ways to appreciate and discover the incredible natural beauty that makes the Cape Garden Route a much loved holiday and lifestyle destination.
- The walks on offer are spread across the region from Mossel Bay through George and Wilderness, from Sedgefield to Knysna and Plettenberg Bay including adventurous walks in Storms River and along the Tsitsikamma coast.
The festival is about “great walks with good company in the heart of nature”, focused on supporting local conservation and environmental charities, you can make a donation of your choice when you register. Thanks to our sponsors registration is free.